Growing up, my family was always been big on decorating. We were never to the level of Clark Griswold in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, but we most certainly decked the halls (and the tree, and the fireplace, and the stairs, and every open surface lol).
Even though I've long left the nest, Mama Herbivore still goes all out. Even the bathrooms get a ...
I started getting emails in July about Thanksgiving ;)
Thanksgiving seems to be the one holiday my herbies get a little stressed over!
Well don't fret my friends, I got ya covered and the list of options just keeps getting longer each year!
Recipes to make from the blog:
Recipes to make from The Happy Herbivore Cookbook:
- Cornbread (p. 49)
- Sweet & Spicy Butternut Soup (p. 59)
- Garden Chowder (p. 71)
- 5-Spice Harmony Bowl (p. 122) (*perfect for those dining solo!)
- Seitan Pot Roast (p. 133)
- Torkey (Tofu Turkey) (p. 152)
- Baked Shells & Cheese (p. 156)
- Corn Pudding (p. 173)
- Mashed Potatoes (p. 190)
- Traditional Stuffing (p. 195)
- Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo (p. 196)
- Dijon-Herb Green Beans (p. 199)
- Thanksgiving Gravy (p. 255)
- Cranberry Sauce (p. 267)
- Pumpkin Pie (p. 218)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (p. 221)
Recipes to make from Everyday Happy Herbivore:
- Glazed Pumpkin Biscuits (p. 57)
- Harvest Cornbread (p. 65)
- Quick Sweet Potato Soup (p. 94)
- Cauliflower Pumpkin Curry (p. 146)
- Greens Quiche (p.152)
- Quick Pumpkin-Sage Pasta (p. 199)
- Roasted Carrots (p. 221)
- Rainbow Greens (p. 235)
- Apple Fritter Cups (p. 248)
Recipes to make from Happy Herbivore Abroad:
- Colcannon (p.60)
- German Potato Salad (p.63)
- Mediterranean Chard (p.67)
- Savory Glazed Carrots (p.74)
- Roasted Tomato Pilaf (p.124)
- Asparagus Quiche (p.162)
- Stuffed Acorn Squash (p.254)
Also, don't miss my write up in the New York Times with Thanksgiving recipes or the holiday menu I wrote for Forks Over Knives last year.
These blog posts might also help:
My Parent's First Vegan Thanksgiving (2011)
*This was before my parents ...
Tomorrow is National Kale Day! Here are some amazing facts about this superhero (and oh-so-delicious) green!
1. Kale might become the new state vegetable of Vermont.
2. There are over 50 varieties of kale!
3. There is an extremely tall variety of kale called “Jersey kale” or “cow cabbage”.
4. America plants more acres in Kale than Brussels Sprouts.
5. Kale might have saved people ...
Labor Day is coming up next week. As the summer winds down and the school year and busy schedules begin, why not take some time to really celebrate with family and friends with a fun feast? Whether you're headed to a party or picnic or just having a mini party at home, here are some HH recipes that will make saying goodbye to summer ...
Father's Day is just a week away! All week, we will be featuring plant-based men (many of whom are fathers) on the blog — of course, my father came to mind first. So Papa Herbivore is here to kick off the week with a guest post discussing his continuing plant-based journey and some of his favorite HH recipes. Try whipping up one or two of ...