Before I get into how to use your Thanksgiving leftovers, just a little reminder that I'm hosting a LIVE webinar Q&A on Monday December 2nd at 9pm EST/6pm PST. For more details and to RSVP, check out the Facebook event page!
Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of leftovers, but I find Thanksgiving foods are an exception. (I'm a glutton for mashed potatoes and gravy...). I've also found creative ways to repurpose my leftovers into a ...
LIMITED TIME: The current meal plan has a special Thanksgiving menu + prep sheet + shopping list. We're also including a FREE ebook with this week's plan! The Holiday Survival Guide is our gift to you!
Everything is crazy easy and can be made ahead!! We like a fuss-free, healthy #plantproud Thanksgiving too :)
It's a really cool meal plan with a lot of great ...
Growing up, my family was always been big on decorating. We were never to the level of Clark Griswold in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, but we most certainly decked the halls (and the tree, and the fireplace, and the stairs, and every open surface lol).
Even though I've long left the nest, Mama Herbivore still goes all out. Even the bathrooms get a ...
I started getting emails in July about Thanksgiving ;)
Thanksgiving seems to be the one holiday my herbies get a little stressed over!
Well don't fret my friends, I got ya covered and the list of options just keeps getting longer each year!
Recipes to make from the blog:
Recipes to make from The Happy Herbivore Cookbook:
- Cornbread (p. 49)
- Sweet & Spicy Butternut Soup (p. 59)
- Garden Chowder (p. 71)
- 5-Spice Harmony Bowl (p. 122) (*perfect for those dining solo!)
- Seitan Pot Roast (p. 133)
- Torkey (Tofu Turkey) (p. 152)
- Baked Shells & Cheese (p. 156)
- Corn Pudding (p. 173)
- Mashed Potatoes (p. 190)
- Traditional Stuffing (p. 195)
- Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo (p. 196)
- Dijon-Herb Green Beans (p. 199)
- Thanksgiving Gravy (p. 255)
- Cranberry Sauce (p. 267)
- Pumpkin Pie (p. 218)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (p. 221)
Recipes to make from Everyday Happy Herbivore:
- Glazed Pumpkin Biscuits (p. 57)
- Harvest Cornbread (p. 65)
- Quick Sweet Potato Soup (p. 94)
- Cauliflower Pumpkin Curry (p. 146)
- Greens Quiche (p.152)
- Quick Pumpkin-Sage Pasta (p. 199)
- Roasted Carrots (p. 221)
- Rainbow Greens (p. 235)
- Apple Fritter Cups (p. 248)
Recipes to make from Happy Herbivore Abroad:
- Colcannon (p.60)
- German Potato Salad (p.63)
- Mediterranean Chard (p.67)
- Savory Glazed Carrots (p.74)
- Roasted Tomato Pilaf (p.124)
- Asparagus Quiche (p.162)
- Stuffed Acorn Squash (p.254)
Also, don't miss my write up in the New York Times with Thanksgiving recipes or the holiday menu I wrote for Forks Over Knives last year.
These blog posts might also help:
My Parent's First Vegan Thanksgiving (2011)
*This was before my parents ...
Tomorrow is National Kale Day! Here are some amazing facts about this superhero (and oh-so-delicious) green!
1. Kale might become the new state vegetable of Vermont.
2. There are over 50 varieties of kale!
3. There is an extremely tall variety of kale called “Jersey kale” or “cow cabbage”.
4. America plants more acres in Kale than Brussels Sprouts.
5. Kale might have saved people ...