Nov. 8, 2013
I started getting emails in July about Thanksgiving ;)
Thanksgiving seems to be the one holiday my herbies get a little stressed over!
Well don't fret my friends, I got ya covered and the list of options just keeps getting longer each year!
Recipes to make from the blog:
- Acorn Squash & Apple Soup
- African Kale & Yam Soup
- Brown Gravy
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Citrusy Cranberry Sauce
- Curried Pumpkin Lentil Soup
- Deviled "Eggs"
- Hippie Loaf
- Low Fat Pumpkin Bean Bars
- Maple Glazed Vegetables
- Pumpkin Bread
- Skillet Green Bean Casserole
- Pumpkin Pie
Recipes to make from The Happy Herbivore Cookbook:
- Cornbread (p. 49)
- Sweet & Spicy Butternut Soup (p. 59)
- Garden Chowder (p. 71)
- 5-Spice Harmony Bowl (p. 122) (*perfect for those dining solo!)
- Seitan Pot Roast (p. 133)
- Torkey (Tofu Turkey) (p. 152)
- Baked Shells & Cheese (p. 156)
- Corn Pudding (p. 173)
- Mashed Potatoes (p. 190)
- Traditional Stuffing (p. 195)
- Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo (p. 196)
- Dijon-Herb Green Beans (p. 199)
- Thanksgiving Gravy (p. 255)
- Cranberry Sauce (p. 267)
- Pumpkin Pie (p. 218)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (p. 221)
Recipes to make from Everyday Happy Herbivore:
- Glazed Pumpkin Biscuits (p. 57)
- Harvest Cornbread (p. 65)
- Quick Sweet Potato Soup (p. 94)
- Cauliflower Pumpkin Curry (p. 146)
- Greens Quiche (p.152)
- Quick Pumpkin-Sage Pasta (p. 199)
- Roasted Carrots (p. 221)
- Rainbow Greens (p. 235)
- Apple Fritter Cups (p. 248)
Recipes to make from Happy Herbivore Abroad:
- Colcannon (p.60)
- German Potato Salad (p.63)
- Mediterranean Chard (p.67)
- Savory Glazed Carrots (p.74)
- Roasted Tomato Pilaf (p.124)
- Asparagus Quiche (p.162)
- Stuffed Acorn Squash (p.254)
These blog posts might also help:
My Parent's First Vegan Thanksgiving (2011)
*This was before my parents were plant-based.
My Thanksgiving (2012)
p.s. I'll have some Thanksgiving cooking videos simmering (he he), a special Thanksgiving meal plan (coming soon!) perfect for those who are the lone veg head OR want to keep it healthy!, my *exact* menu + prep sheet is going out in the Happy Herbivore newsletter next week (make sure you're signed up!) *and* I'll try to cook LIVE via Ustream like I did last year :)
p.p.s. Check the blog at getmealplans.com this afternoon for healthy Thanksgiving inspired holiday platters!
but these guys are ALWAYS a safe bet (and a huge hit with omnis!)
Happy Herbivore's very own Vegan Deviled Eggs.
...and how about we call it Thanksliving? To our health!
Something we're all thankful for!