Thanksgiving is a big holiday for food.
When you are vegan or plant-based, Thanksgiving (or what some call Thanksvegan or ThanksLiving) can seem a bit overwhelming — What will you make? What will you eat?
Here are Thanksgiving-approved plant-based dishes sure to impress!
From the Blog:
- Acorn Squash & Apple Soup
- African Kale & Yam Soup (also p. 64 HHC)
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Cranberry Sauce (smother baked tofu with it!)
- Curried Sweet Potato Soup (also p. 70 HHC)
- Maple Glazed Vegetables (also p. 174 HHC)
- Maple Cornbread Biscuits (also p. 39 HHC)
- Pumpkin Pie (fat-free! crustless! also in HHC)
- Sweet Potato Biscuits
From the The Happy Herbivore Cookbook:
- Cornbread (p. 49)
- Sweet & Spicy Butternut Soup (p. 59)
- Garden Chowder (p. 71)
- 5-Spice Harmony Bowl (p. 122) (*perfect for those dining solo!)
- Seitan Pot Roast (p. 133)
- Torkey (Tofu Turkey) (p. 152)
- Baked Shells & Cheese (p. 156)
- Corn Pudding (p. 173)
- Mashed Potatoes (p. 190)
- Traditional Stuffing (p. 195)
- Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo (p. 196)
- Dijon-Herb Green Beans (p. 199)
- Thanksgiving Gravy (p. 255)
- Cranberry Sauce (p. 267)
- Pumpkin Pie (p. 218)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (p. 221)
- Glazed Pumpkin Biscuits (p. 57)
- Harvest Cornbread (p. 65)
- Quick Sweet Potato Soup (p. 94)
- Cauliflower Pumpkin Curry (p. 146)
- Greens Quiche (p.152)
- Quick Pumpkin-Sage Pasta (p. 199)
- Roasted Carrots (p. 221)
- Rainbow Greens (p. 235)
- Apple Fritter Cups (p. 248)
And of course, don't forget my Thanksgiving write-up in New York Times !!
P.S.: My parents, who are now plant-based (as of January 2012) had their first vegan thanksgiving last year (2011). See what I fed them and their thoughts here.