In light of HH's 4th Birthday, this week's Top 10 Tuesday names the recipes I'm most sentimental about...and why!
1. Blueberry Crisp - this was one of my earliest published recipes and it's still a fave!
2. Chickpea Tacos - my first invention! I remember the night I created this recipe. I was starving and the only thing I had on hand was a can of chickpeas and taco shells. Add homemade taco seasoning and voila! Who knew chickpea tacos could be so awesome?
3. Red Lentil Dal - my first experience with preparing Indian food. Right after we moved to Los Angeles, we found a vegan Indian restaurant near our apartment. It was the first time I'd ever had Indian food and I was in love at first bite. The restaurant also had a small store where I picked up a bag of tiny red things called lentils. I had no idea what they were at the time, but I was eager to experiment with them...they were just so cute and red... The result? Wow. Red Lentil Dal, where have you been all my life?
4. Carrot Cake Cupcakes - Never underestimate my love for carrot cake! I created these cupcakes (my first wholesome, fat-free dessert) for my first veganniversary...just a few months after Happy Herbivore was born!
5. Black Bean Brownies - the day I posted this recipe, I half expected everyone to shudder in horror. I had no idea these brownies would take over the Internet by storm! To this day, this is my most searched for and visited recipe here on happyherbivore.com!
6. Sweet Potato Muffins - a lesson that sometimes a wild idea ends up most delicious!
7. Teriyaki Chickpeas - another 'invention' and perhaps the recipe I am most proud of. (It's also in my top 5 of all time!)
8. Butter Bean Cookies - I put beans in cookies. 'Nuff said.
9. Vegetarian Delight - the first vegan meal I served to skeptical omni's. It was a huge success!
10. Cinnamon Buns - my first dreamer recipe. I woke up one morning hungry for a cinnamon bun and wondering if I could make one that's vegan, fat-free and whole-wheat... well, lets just say this recipe dared me to dream big!