Season 2: Episode 57
You are listening to the Meal Mentor Co-Pilot Podcast Podcast. Show details — Hosted by Lindsay S Nixon — Season 2: Episode 57;
Welcome to the Shortcut to Slim Podcast by Meal Mentor, our new research-based show! Here’s the premise: Lindsay reviews the latest studies in nutrition research, and brings you the information in digestible, easy-to-understand tidbits. We're doing all the homework necessary in order to help you reach your weight loss goals!
On this episode, Lindsay elaborates on her blog post, “How the Plant-Based Diet Made Me an Overeater.” She explains the scientific data behind overeating and satiation, the significance of calorie deficits, what has changed since the original publication, and much more!
More about this episode:
- Do you need to count calories on a plant-based diet?
- What does it mean to be comfortably satiated, and what makes us feel full?
- Why do we overeat?
- What specific metrics go into calorie absorption?
- The law of thermodynamics: input vs. output.
- How Meal Mentor can teach you appropriate calories and portion sizes.