Springtime brings new beginnings, warmer weather, and more choices when it comes to fresh, seasonal produce. Plus I can finally ride my bike!
This time of year also means Easter for many of us. Although Scott, Courtney & I haven’t celebrated Easter too seriously in the past, we’re having family visit this year and it’s a very special and spiritual holiday for them.
Here are some of my menu plans and suggestions for Easter:
For brunch we'll likely have;
- Greens Quiche (pg. 152, EHH)
- Herbed Home Fries (pg. 30, HHC)
- Tofu Scramble (pg. 18, HCC and pg. 28, EHH) with whatever veggies are in the fridge. That's what I love so much about this recipe, it is so easy to add onto it.
I'm also thinking about a big dinner that night, maybe;
- Creamy Carrot Soup (pg. 62, HHC)
- Seitan Pot Roast (pg. 133, HHC)
- Pear & Arugula Salad (pg. 118, EHH)
- Maple Glazed Vegetables (pg. 174, HHC)
- Dijon Green Beans (pg. 197, HHC)
- Cheesy Cauliflower Hash (pg. 233, EHH)
Don't think I forgot dessert - it's just that I can't decide between
- Sweet Potato Pie (pg. 218, HHC, variation)
- Apple Fritters (pg. 248, EHH)
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes (pg. 213, HHC)
Maybe we'll have all three! A Herbie, Abbeygirl, posted on facebook that she made the Carrot Cake Cupcakes into a 3 layer carrot cake - "just got back from a charity auction where a bidding war took place on our HH Carrot Cake. It brought in $100.00!! We made the HH carrot cupcake recipe and put it into a 9" round cake pan. We made 3 batches. It is such a great recipe, so moist. Everyone loved it and no one knew it was vegan." She also mentioned that they were baked for 35 minutes. Mmmm, I can't wait to try this.
What are some of your menu plans for Easter?