Get HH posts in your email!
Today is Chicken Noodle Soup day! Why bother with chicken when you can make a comforting, warm bowl of soup with chickpeas? Try HH's Chickpea Noodle Soupinstead ;)
Chickpea Noodle Soup
1 whole carrot, skinned
2 whole celery stalks
1 small onion, diced
10 whole cremini (brown) mushrooms
8 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp yellow miso paste
1 tsp tamari
2 whole bay leaves
4 ounces whole wheat pasta, uncooked
1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Directions:1. Line a large soup pot with broth, about 1/4 cup.
2. Add carrots, celery and onion and saute over high heat until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and more broth if necessary.
3. Continue to cook over high heat until the mushrooms are soft, about 3 minutes.
4. Add remaining broth, bay leaves, miso and tamari.
5. Cover and bring to a boil.
6. Once boiling, add pasta and reduce heat to medium. Cook for another 6 minutes, or until pasta is al dente (adjust time accordingly).
7. Stir in chickpeas and taste test. Add more miso or salt if necessary or desired.
8. Allow soup to thorougly heat the chickpeas.
9. Fish out bay leaves and serve.