Yesterday I shared my tips for making perfect bean burgers on FB. (For best burger making tips, see below 👇 👇)
A few peeps commented on how much they loved my quick burgers so I am sharing that recipe this week!
Only 6 pantry ingredients.
Ready in 15!
You can find the free recipe or in the Meal Mentor app. It's also in one of my cookbooks but I'm blanking on which one. There are 6 afterall ;)
Perfecting Bean Burgers
- Mash the beans super well. The more you mash the beans, the better they hold together.
- Chill. It REALLY helps to chill the mix in the fridge for an hour or two, but even 5-20 minutes can help.
- Shaping process. How you "make" the patties matters! I pack might into really tight balls then use my hand to smoosh it flat on the baking sheet. This usually prevents crumbles.
- Size right. Keep the patty size reasonable. The palm of your hand-ish.
- Grind your oats. Instant oats (instead of rolled oats) makes a difference too. Some peeps even pulverize their oats.
- Don't rinse beans. I don't rinse my canned beans as I find a little of the bean liquid helps with sticking together. (I use no salt added).
- Use canned beans. Canned beans are a bit firmer and dryer than home cooked and lend better for burger making.
- Add breadcrumbs, if needed. If your mixture is very wet, add enough breadcrumbs until it is firm enough to form patties
- Add a flax egg. I don't do this but I've heard it's helpful.
There you go! All my secret chef tips revealed!
Now go make those quick burgers 🍔 🍔 🍔 TONIGHT!
Have a great week,
P.S. Every Monday I send you a simple, healthy recipe as motivation to get you in the kitchen.Why? Because starting Monday off with a homemade meal sets the tone for a successful week ahead. Action creates motivation, remember?
To get the free weekly free recipe, you can sign-up here to get the free recipe every week.