This hack is too good not to share!
Oven rice cooks evenly, frees up your stove, AND doesn't burn on the bottom.
How to cook brown rice in the oven
What you'll need:
- 3 cups (uncooked) rice
- 5 1/4 cups of boiling water
- Preheat over at 375°F
- Place rice in a 2-qt casserole dish or Dutch oven.
- Pour boiling water on top and stir.
- Cover dish with oven-safe lid or foil.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake 60 minutes.
- If it still has liquid, bake 2-5 minutes more.
- Fluff with a fork.
Use in this week's Good Greens & Gravy and/or freeze 1-cup portions for later.
Thanks so much Veronica for sharing this hack with us!
Our meal planning community is the best!!
P.S. This hack works with white rice too. Reduce water to 5 cups. Cook time is 20-25 minutes.