Get HH posts in your email!
The world seems to be buzzing about CNN's documentary, The Last Heart Attack. If you missed it last night, you can watch it online here.
Too busy to watch? Here are the key points & great quotes:
- Plant-based eating shows great promise for turning around our self-made health care crisis. Change your diet, save your life.
- In the United States, the sicker patient with heart disease, the more money the doctors make. Makes no sense!
- More than 50 billion dollars spent annually on heart operations in the United States (and people thing eating vegan is expensive?)
-It is possible to keep everyone from having a heart attack, with education
- On switching to a plant-based diet:"Your reasons for doing it go from fear of dying to joy of living."
- Plaque starts in childhood! Genes load the gun, lifestyle and diet pull the trigger.
- We're not talking about reducing heart attacks...we're talking about potentially reversing heart-attacks.
- We've eaten ourselves into a problem, we can eat ourselves out of a problem
-A diet of no meat, no dairy and very little oilcan make you heart-attack proof.
- Let food be thy medicine, and let they medicine be food - Hippocrates
- Heart disease is a food bourne illness. A toothless paper tiger.
Interested in eating plant-based (vegan) check out my transitioning plans.