Get HH posts in your email!
The other day I asked HH's FB fans, "How do YOU make a salad go from ordinary to extraordinary?" and through this discussion several people inquired about how you make salad dressing without oil or fat.
Here are my tips & tricks plus a no-fail quick recipe:
1. squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice over your salad
2. add fresh fruit (or dried fruit) for added flavor instead of a dressing
3. experiment with fat-free balsalmic vinaigrettes
4. substitute tofu (or avocado) for oil in old recipes
5. combine equal parts agave and dijon mustard (pictured)
6. use BBQ sauce as a dressing
7. toss your salad with flavor salsas like pineapple-mango
8. add components to your salad: grains, baked beans, sweet potatoes
9. use fresh juices like carrot juice as a dressing