Happy Friday :)
Last week you learned how o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d I am with sauces.
To celebrate the successful release of my new cookbook, Happy Herbivore Gets Saucy 191 Oil-Free Vegan Sauces & Dressings. I have another sauce for you!
*RHUBARB BBQ Sauce*
Barbecue sauce is one of my faves, especially during the summer, so when 8 sticks of rhubarb showed up in my farm share box last weekend, I decided to try my hand at making a BBQ sauce with them.
OMG it's soo good! I love the pretty pink color it makes too. AAaaandd since it's already scorching hot outside, I made mine in the pressure cooker woo!
Try it out and let me know what you think!
Instapot Rhubarb BBQ Sauce (no refined sugar, paleo)
dash chili powder
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1-2 garlic cloves, mince
1/2 small sweet onion, dice
2 rhubarbs, chop
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1-2 tbsp tomato paste
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 3 minutes
Makes approximately 1 1/4 cups
- In a pressure cooker (or on the stove) saute onions and garlic in broth until translucent.
- Add chopped rhubarb (approximately 2 1/4 cups) and pressure cook 1-2 minutes until very soft (or saute).
- Transfer to a blender and add remaining ingredients except for maple syrup.
- Add 1/2 cup water and blend again.
- Transfer to a saucepan.
- Cook uncovered until thick.
- Add maple syrup plus salt and pepper to taste, if desired.