Here are 38 book recommendations that are my top "page turner" Audible audiobooks. These are the best suspense book. I would even say these are the best audiobooks for road trips.
As most of you know I'm an insane reader (250-ish books last year... I'm on #90 so far in 2018). Audible is one of my favorite ways to read even though it takes longer than reading with my eyes... I like that I can do it while I fold laundry :)
I also find some books are better as audiobooks (specifically: 13 Reasons Why, One of Us is Lying, Greyhound, Harry Potter (all of them), and Safest Lies).
If you want to get started with audiobooks — here is my list for "page-turners" super thrilling listens I could not stop. The Janie series will always be the book series that ate an entire weekend. Almost every one of these books I devoured in 24 hours, some keeping me up all night so listener beware.
If none of these strike your fancy, I have a list of favorite audible narrators here.
The Safest Lies (Megan Miranda) — Kelsey has lived most of her life in a shadow of suspicion, raised to see danger everywhere. Her mother hasn't set foot outside their front door in 17 years, since she escaped from her kidnappers with nothing
All is Not Forgotten (Wendy Walker) — Until one night when young Jenny Kramer is attacked at a local party. In the hours immediately after, she is given a controversial drug to medically erase her memory of the violent assault.
- My Sister's Grave — Tracy Crosswhite has spent 20 years questioning the facts surrounding her sister Sarah's disappearance and the murder trial that followed.
- Her Final Breath
- In the Clearing
- The Trapped Girl
- Close to Home
- The Face on the Milk Carton - Everything changed one day at lunch when Janie Johnson finds a picture of her younger safe as a "missing person" on the back of a milk carton.
- Whatever Happened to Janie?
- The Voice on the Radio
- What Janie Found
- Janie Face To Face
A different approach to how they tell the "thriller"
Tiny bit sci-fi:
Non-fiction that isn't "learning" and is gripping like a novel
- Chain of Title (David Dayen) - A must for fans of the "Big Short" film.
- The Last Season (Eric Bhelm)
- Brain Defense Neuroscience in the Courtroom (Kevin Davis)
Fun not goopy page-turning Romance:
Not true "thrillers" but couldn't stop:
- The Hate U Give (Angie Thomas)
- The Orphan Train (Christina Baker Kline)
- This is How It Always Is (Laurie Frankel)
- Everything I Never Told You (Celeste Ng)
- 13 Reasons Why (Debra Wiseman)
- Before I Fall (Lauren Oliver)
- The First Time She Drowned (Kerry Kletter)
- ...and pretty much anything by Rainbow Rowell