Ah, chips. The worldwide king of snack foods.
Unfortunately, traditional fried potato chips are typically loaded with saturated fat and empty calories — which is exactly why the trusty kale chip was born!
Kale chips are an excellent choice for guilt-free snacking, and even better than that, they are incredibly simple to make. Check out our recipe for kale chips. Pro Tip: be sure to remove the stems! Kale stems are very dense and will not cook at the same speed as the thin leaves, so removing them is the best option for this recipe.
There are plenty of ways to add some flavor and spice to kale chips — here are a few favorites:
1. Nutritional Yeast: this is a great vegan-friendly way to add a cheesy flavor
2. Old Bay Seasoning: my personal fav!
3. Sea Salt: the simplest way to season your kale chips, but always delicious.Try adding a bit of vinegar for a take on salt-and-vinegar chips
4. Barbeque Flavor: create a mix of paprika, cumin, and chili powder
5. Ranch: create a mix of dried dill, onion powder and garlic powder
However you choose to flavor your kale chips, you won’t be disappointed with the satisfying crispiness — without the guilt.