Get HH posts in your email!
Any time I'm speaking -- whether it's at a conference or I'm on a podcast/radio show -- someone invariably asks me what made me go vegan or what motivated me to follow a plant-based diet.
The truth is what motivated me to adopt a vegan/plant-based diet isn't nearly as compelling as why I've maintained a vegan/plant-based diet for almost 6 years.
I'm not embarrassed to admit that my initial reason for adopting a ...
For as long as I can remember, I've been an organ donor. Even before I was old enough to make this decision for myself legally, I expressed my feelings to my parents.
I can't really explain it beyond this: I've always felt this compulsion to give everything that I've got and when I'm gone, the last gift I can give is my body. Salvage what you can, send the rest to science. Let my death ...
I've seen these going around on blog awards and I thought I'd join in on the fun!
1. I am adopted, even though I look like every family member.
2. I have to watch TV while I write recipes to keep myself from going insane or OCD-crazy. I often end up watching really bad reality TV because other shows suck me in too much and I forget I'm cooking.
3. There are a lot of inside jokes ...
A Herbie sent this email in:
"I was at a deli picking up some lunch with my buddies. As I waited for my veggie sandwich, one of my buddies had started a conversation with another customer. I am not sure what started the conversation, but the next thing I know my buddy points to me and tells her, "He's vegan." She looks at me and asks me if this is true, and I say, "Yes."
She then goes on ...
I've been getting a few emails and messages lately along these lines:
* I went 100% plant-based last week. I have more energy and feel great except I feel bloated, have gas and sometimes my stomach really hurts. What gives?
* I went vegan, but I feel really tired, I thought I was supposed to be full of energy? I'm also HUNGRY.
* I'm happy I cleaned up my diet and eat whole foods, but the cravings for junk are ...