Oct. 8, 2011
Eat This. Not That: 10 Rules for Making Healthy Choices
My Dad has been after me to write him a list of rules to follow -- to make sure he was always making healthy choices when dining out (or making a meal at home). Well, Dad, I finally did it!
10 rules for Making Healthy Choices:
1. Order brown rice instead of white rice.
2. Pack carrots instead of chips in your lunch.
3. Choose whole wheat bread instead of white bread.
4. Use low-fat or fat-free (plain, unsweetened) vegan yogurt instead of mayonaise.
5. Order a side of steamed vegetables instead of a side of fries.
6. Replace half the pasta with vegetables.
7. Eat a salad once a day. No negotiating.
8. Order sorbet instead of ice cream.
9. Use agave or raw sugar instead of white sugar.
10. Have a drink or dessert. Not both.
Do you have any tips or rules for healthy eating? (please share in comments!)